Home Watch Services
What is Home Watch? A visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues
There are many things that can happen in a vacant or absentee home: leaky pipes, insect or rodent infestations, storm damage, mold, electrical problems, etc. Imagine these problems going undiscovered for days, weeks, or even months! It happens more often than you think!
We can help make sure you never come home to any unfortunate surprises!
Market South Management has developed an extensive list of programs and services that can be adjusted to your exact needs. We will visually inspect the property and confirm everything is as it should be. We will make you immediately aware of any problems or concerns we have and give you our on-sight perspective of things. Using the latest technology, our inspector will email to you an inspection report after each site visit. While we check your property, we are NOT a property inspector. Property inspectors are usually involved at the sale of a property to do a detailed inspection of the structure, plumbing, electrical and heating and air condition systems. Market South Management provides a visual inspection of your vacant home or property looking for obvious issues.
Market South Management offers inspection programs that are customized to your exact needs. We will walk the property, check for damage or other issues, and confirm everything is as it should be. Our comprehensive checklist includes the interior and exterior of your home.
The following are standard inspection items you will receive as a part of every Market South Management inspection:
- Check ceilings for visible signs of roof leaks or plumbing issues
- Open/close main water valve as directed by property owner
- Run faucets in sinks, tubs, and showers
- Flush toilets (wait until tank is completely refilled and stops running)
- Check for pest control issues
- Make sure all windows and doors are secure
- Check smoke detectors
- Check for A/C problems and confirm thermostat are working properly
- Temperature and humidity monitoring
- Visually check for presence of mold/mildew
- Check hot water heater for visible leaks
- Check circuit breaker
- Confirm refrigerator(s) is working properly
- Run dishwasher to prevent seals from cracking
- Run washing machine and dryer to prevent seals from cracking
- Check garage door openers
- Visual check of all cabinets and storage areas
- Set window coverings and blinds as requested by property owner
- 360 degree walk around the perimeter of house checking for any damage
- Inspect exterior for vandalism or theft issues
- Confirm yard maintenance is being performed properly
- Remove any mail, advertising, or service receipts and place inside house
- Check screen enclosures
- Check deck areas
- Check outside plumbing
- Visual inspection of A/C equipment
- Inspect exterior of garage areas
- Start automobile (if requested by owner)
- Basic inspection of exterior landscape including any downed trees or branches
- Visual inspection of roof and gutters from ground level
Please call Market South Management at 912-238-0875 or email Parker (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information regarding our Home Watch services and let us give you the peace of mind you deserve!