Islands/Beach Property Management
We can help manage your Islands/Beach rental
Whether you are an experienced investor with multiple properties or an inexperienced “accidental” investor (unable to sell your home and were forced to rent it), our team of professional Islands/Beach property managers is committed to maximizing the benefits of your investment through the efficient management of your investment property. Our staff has the knowledge and expertise to relieve you of the headaches associated with the day-to-day management of your real estate investment. We are dedicated to:
- Keeping your property in good repair with minimal cost
- Leasing it at market rates
- Carefully screening and selecting tenants, and
- Communicating effectively with our owners
By doing the above effectively, we will accomplish our goal of providing you with the peace of mind in knowing that your property is being well managed, thereby protecting your investment.
Our business is to provide our clients with management solutions that help your properties operate smoothly, increase in desirability and enhance investment value. That’s why property owners throughout the area depend on us to help achieve their goals of property performance and profitability. Whether your properties are apartments, single family homes, duplexes, commercial developments, or office spaces for growing companies, our company ensures that your property is well managed to attract and retain quality tenants.
To further your peace of mind, we carry the following insurance:
- General Liability of $1,000,000
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions) of $1,000,000
- Worker’s Compensation – Every person who performs work on a property managed by Market South Management is required to be covered by Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
Our Islands/Beach Property Management Services
Full Service Leasing and Management
This is the most popular and the most comprehensive package available. This package includes:
1. Evaluating and Assessing Fair Rental Value
- Advise and determine the highest possible market rent for your property based on the location, features, and condition of your home
- Recommend any necessary changes to the property to enhance its market
- stability and attractiveness to tenants
- Obtain written bids for any needed improvements from licensed and insured contractors
2. Marketing and Advertising
- All properties will be posted on www.msmsavannah.com and various internet sites.
- Selected properties will be posted on the Savannah College of Art and Design’s website and military specific websites
- A yard sign will be placed on all properties provided there are no subdivision restrictions
- All properties are placed on our rental list that is updated daily and e-mailed numerous time during each day
3. Tenant Screening
- Tenant screening is the most critical component of the leasing process
- Our tenant screening involves:
- credit reports
- employment and income verification
- rental history verification
- criminal background check
- sex offender check
- personal reference checks
4. Lease preparation and signing
- Market South Management uses (GAR) Georgia Association of Realtor based Lease with our customized addendums
- Our typical lease is a one year term that may be renewed. If the Tenant requests a term other than 1 year, we allow you to decide to accept or reject
- We do not simply give the lease to tenant for signing – we have a “lease closing” whereby we go over the terms and conditions of the lease to make sure the tenant understands what they are signing
- First month’s rent and pet fees are collected at lease closing
- Property Manager conducts move-in inspection and collects security deposit (minimum one-month’s rent)
5. Collecting rent, assessing late fees and dispersing owner proceeds
- The tenant makes their monthly rent payment to Market South Management. Rent is due on the first day of the month and is past due if not paid by the close of business on the 5th. If rent is received after the 5th, then a 10% late fee is assessed.
- The late fee is split 50/50 between you, the Owner, and Market South Management
- We do not hold your money waiting for the Tenant’s check to clear. If we encounter an NSF check, we collect from the Tenant
6. Process all maintenance requests
- Your assigned property manager will process all maintenance requests submitted by the tenant
- Tenant has access to emergency service 24/7/365
- Insured and bonded service providers that give quality work at reasonable prices with quick turnaround.
7. Providing Comprehensive Financial Reports
- Provide monthly Owner statements showing rental income and expenses
- Provide secure internet owners portal for 24/7/365 access to daily activity
- Annual Owners statement will be sent the first of January along with IRS Form 1099
8. Management Fees
- Procurement fee equal to ½ of first full month’s rent OR $300, whichever is GREATER
- This procurement fee includes Owner set-up fee, marketing and advertising cost, showing the property, preparing the lease agreement and conducting the move-in inspection
- The on-going management fee is 10% of the rent collected. If you have multiple properties, discounts may be available to you, depending on gross rents generated from your properties
Tons of great Beaches and Islands surrounding the Savannah Area.